Hill Johnson, ASA
Director ǀ Dallas
Hill Johnson is director of business valuation in HSSK’s Dallas office. There, he guides team members and oversees the office’s client service approach, strategic direction and visionary initiative. An Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in the Business Valuation discipline with the American Society of Appraisers since 2008 — and a QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor — he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the position.
Since 2006, Mr. Johnson has spent 100% of his professional time providing business valuations and valuation consulting services. To date, he has valued over 300 businesses for various purposes, including estate and gift tax planning, buy/sell transactions, financial reporting, intellectual property, commercial damages, employee stock ownership plans, bankruptcy, shareholder disputes and marital dissolution. His industries of expertise include, but are not limited to, manufacturing, biotech, chemical, oil and gas, healthcare, medical equipment, software, retail, consulting, restaurant, real estate, family limited partnerships and professional service industries.
Mr. Johnson’s experience also includes due diligence assessments, drafting offering memorandums and working closely with international investment-banking companies. With a masters-level education, real-world knowledge and desire to educate others in the business valuation profession, Mr. Johnson carries out his work in a thorough, thoughtful manner that helps clients understand the complex work at hand.
- MBA degree in entrepreneurship, Southern Methodist University
- BS degree in business administration, University of Texas at Dallas
- Accreditations & Licenses
- Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers
- QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor
- Professional Affiliations & Activities
- 2012: Speaker, Dallas Chapter of Texas Society of CPAs, “Business Valuation: Services, Regulations, Concepts for CPAs”
- 2010: Speaker, CEO Network, “Business Valuation Basics”
- 2008-2009: Speaker, various organizations, “Business Valuation: 101”
This is not a CPA firm.