Houston, Texas 77024
Bernard (Ben) T. Beckwith
Advisor | Cost Segregation
In his position with HSSK, Mr. Beckwith prepares cost segregation studies of new and used construction to maximize tax depreciation on retail, office, process, medical, and technical facilities. In addition, he has performed real estate valuations for use in purchase cost allocation and ad valorem tax studies. He has both developed and implemented procedures for construction audit claims, and fund control services. He has prepared many construction cost studies for planning, budgeting and cost control purposes.
Mr. Beckwith has been instrumental in the computerization of construction cost modeling and matrix segregation techniques, particularly for analyzing multiple properties sharing common characteristics. He has conducted training seminars for engineering and accounting personnel in the use of such systems applications. Mr. Beckwith is regularly involved in providing expert testimony at various appeal levels, preparing position papers, and negotiating with the IRS and other third parties in support of valuation issues.
- AAS, Labor Relations - Purdue University
- AAS, Architecture - Purdue University
- BS, Construction Technology - Purdue University
- Real Estate course work - University of Texas, Austin
- Accreditations & Licenses
- General Contractor, State of California (License No. 471377)
- Professional Affiliations & Activities
- American Association of Cost Engineers
This is not a CPA firm.