5420 LBJ Freeway, Suite 610
Dallas, Texas 75240
Christopher J. Kelly, CFE
Managing Director | Dallas
Chris Kelly is Managing Director for the Litigation Consulting practice. He has more than 40 years of experience in litigation consulting, financial and restructuring consulting, and financial institutions. He has been engaged by law firms, corporations, and regulatory agencies to provide written expert reports and related testimony in depositions and trials in local, state, federal and bankruptcy courts. His 24 years of litigation consulting experience includes matters involving banking practices, standards of care, fiduciary duties, fraud investigations, funds tracing, fraudulent transfers, setoffs, and financial forensics. Chris has also been engaged as a consultant on bankruptcy and restructuring projects addressing issues on behalf of both debtors and creditors. His industry experience includes banks, savings and loans, finance companies, mortgage banking and investment banking.
Chris has particular expertise in commercial banking and served as senior commercial loan officer, investment officer, chief financial officer, chief operating officer, and chief executive officer. His functional responsibilities included commercial loan management, investment portfolio management, financial and accounting management, deposit and branch operations management, and fiduciary duties as an officer and director.
In the area of bankruptcy and restructuring, Chris has been engaged by debtors and creditors regarding appropriate interest rates and proposed debt structures within plans of reorganization and the feasibility of those plans. He has been called upon to analyze and testify regarding transactions alleged to be preferences or fraudulent conveyances, and also conducted fraud investigations involving companies in bankruptcy.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Finance, Creighton University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance and Economics, Creighton University
- Adjunct Faculty Member
- Southwestern Graduate School of Banking
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- Bank Simulation Course, 1981-1999
- Accreditations & Licenses
- Certified Fraud Examiner, 1997.
- National Commercial Lending School, University of Oklahoma
- Graduate School of Bank Investments, University of Illinois
- Southwest School of Municipal Finance, Texas Tech University
- Professional Affiliations & Activities
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section, Non-lawyer Member
- Turnaround Management Association
- Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Fraud Casebook: Lessons from the Bad Side of Business, published by John Wiley & Sons Chapter 12 – "Phantom Links in the Supply Chain," by Christopher J. Kelly Copyright 2007, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc.
- Crunch Creeps Ahead in Commercial Banking, Houston Business Journal Page 65A Week of October 17-23, 2008, with Marc Schwartz, CPA, CFE
- Fundamental Failures in Our Banking System, Dallas Business Journal, Page 52 Week of December 12-19, 2008.
- "The Subprime Credit Crisis: Is the Worst Behind Us," Houston Chapter, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2008
- "Credit Crisis Fallout: Borrower Fraud or Lender Liability," Dallas and Houston offices, Gardere Wynne Sewell, 2008
- "The Credit Crisis of 2008," Dallas Chapter, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2008
- "Credit Crisis Fallout: Borrower Fraud or Lender Liability," Dallas Office, Carrington Coleman, 2008
- "The Credit Crisis of 2008," Houston Chapter, Institute of Management Accountants, 2008
This is not a CPA firm.